The International Karate Daigaku was formed in February 2011 after Shihan Frank Woon-A-Tai resigned from the International Shotokan Karate Federation.
Following his departure from the ISKF in January 2011, dojos across Canada and throughout the Carribean and South American also resigned. In less than two weeks, the IKD was created.
Over the following years, the IKD introduced many new things to the organization. Each year at IKD Honbu World Camp, the organization grows by adding new layers to the IKD.
- 2011 – Swearing in Ceremony of Shuseki Shihan & two deputies, adoption of Haori, Bunkai, etc.
- 2012 – Adoption of the IKD Kyu & Dan Examination Syllabus.
- 2013 – Adoption of IKD Passports & the Instructor Training Programme.
- 2014 – A New Method of Teaching, Kihon, Kumite, Team Kata, Bunkai & Enbu.
- 2015 – General Membership participation & discussion of the new IKD Tournament Rules.
- 2016 – Introduction of Oyo & Traditional Weapons.
What is next for the IKD?
Join us now to become part of the Next Generation of Karate.